Your Most Important Life Decision
Becoming a Christian
5 Truths God Wants You to Know!
- The Bible says that everyone is born sinful and commits acts of sin everyday. Romans 3:10—“There is none righteous, no, not one.” Romans 3:23—“All have sinned, and come short of the glory of God.”
- God is holy and just and cannot allow sin into Heaven. The penalty for your sin is death (separation from God) in Hell forever. Isaiah 59:2—“But your iniquities have separated between you and your God, and your sins have hid his face from you.“ Romans 6:23—“For the wages of sin is death.”
- Jesus Christ is the only One who can save you from your sin. You can do nothing to pay the penalty. John 14:6—“Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.“ Ephesians 2:8, 9—“For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast.”
- It was Christ’s death on the cross that paid the penalty for your sin. Christ took your punishment for you. Isaiah 53:5—“He [Christ] was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.“ Romans 5:8— “But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.“ Praise God for His provision!
- Your need is to repent of your sin and to trust Jesus Christ as your only Savior. Accept His death on the cross as the payment for your sin. (Repentance is the change of one’s heart concerning sin and God). Acts 16:31—“Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved.“ Romans 10:13—“For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.”
God wants you to acknowledge your sinful condition and, by faith, place your dependence upon Christ alone for deliverance from sin and Hell. So, let me ask . . .
- Do you see yourself as a sinner in need of a Savior?
- Do you recognize that you can do nothing to save yourself?
- Do you believe that Jesus shed His blood, giving His life to save you from sin and Hell?
If your answer to each of these questions is yes, then why not pray right now. Pray, admitting your sinfulness to God. Admit that you deserve judgment in Hell. Ask Him for forgiveness, and call upon Jesus Christ to save you, today. Jesus will save you now if only you will trust in Him.
Pray, Dear Lord thank you for sending your son Jesus to die on the cross for my sins. Please forgive me of my sins, and cleanse me of all my unrighteousness. Thank you for accepting me into heaven when i die. Amen
If you prayed this prayer please contact the pastor at firstname.lastname@example.org to let him know of that wonderful news. He has a free gift he would love to give you. Or you can call 508-752-3193 and leave a message on the church voice mail.